Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Valentines is tomorrow!!!

I want to know what everybody is giving their significant other for Valentines. I still don't know what I am gonna give my husband yet. He feels like it is more of a woman's holiday anyway. He doesn't really get into all of that sappy stuff.

Speaking of sappy stuff... two years ago I wanted to do something unusual and really sappy. I went to Build a Bear and built a LOVE BUG. You can put these little voice recorders in the hands, feet, ears or belly. So I went in the bathroom at Build a Bear and recorded me singing cheesy love songs, like How Deep is Your Love by the Bee Gees, I Love You, I Honestly Love You by Olivia Newton John. There were more but I cant remember. I also wrote this little poem to go with it.

Press my paws
And you will hear
The cheesiest love songs
Of the year
They are sung by your wife
Who loves you so dear
So don’t laugh too hard
I think she is deaf in one ear
She may not be an American Idol
Or Britney Spears
But she loves you so much
She wanted you to hear
It comes from the heart
And her deep love for you
So Happy Valentines day
from this Love Bug to you
February 14, 2005

I took it to his work along with some chocolate dipped strawberries and a balloon while he was at lunch. While I was trying to be sappy and embarrassing, he had something up his sleeve as well.

It was getting late in the afternoon and he hadn't sent flowers or made a big deal out of the day at all. I was kinda getting mad. I had even made a comment that he probably forgot to get me something. Little did I know that he had planned along with my coworkers a big surprise. He had a barbershop quartet come to my work and serenade me. It was sooo embarrassing! They sang---oh man, I have just sat here for 15 minutes trying to think of what they sang. Anyways that was a good Valentines!

I want to hear from you!

No comments: